QA Engineer Lead
fusionSpan is a dynamic, fast-paced organization. We are a team of highly committed individuals who are inspired by the role technology plays in society.
This position is 100% remote across the US and works in EST timezone
The QA Lead Engineer will guide and lead us into building and maintaining a framework for UI and Unit testing, will act as a mentor and coach for junior developers to develop test cases and help set up QA standards that will strengthen our development practice.
This role is for someone who is looking to have a positive impact on the community, as our clients are in the nonprofit space across North America. Equally, this opportunity offers you the chance to step outside of the box, take risks, try some new things in terms of development and integration.
Our culture will give you the opportunity to balance a very supportive and team focused environment with an engaging space where you can bring your own voice and experience to the table.
- Write test cases using Selenium, robots framework.
- Analyze bugs and errors found during tests, and create a defect report.
- Document and evaluate test results for the software development team.
- Work with junior team members to troubleshoot and resolve errors
- Meet with clients, determine their needs, and create extensive test cases and plans to meet their requirements.
- Review test procedures and develop automation test scripts.
- Create and execute test cases to identify software defects.
- Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience
- Review, Maintain and Improve the development process for efficiency and performance
- Work with development team members, project managers, and business analysts to create test plans and create tests
- Maintain updated knowledge of industry trends and advancements
- Mentor junior developers on writing test cases
Our Company Values:
- Give back to those communities that have gotten us where we are today. Our technical solutions help and positively impact our customers with their mission-driven purpose.
- Foster a culture of caring in all working relationships. Respect for each other and our diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are thoughtful and empathetic in the way we operate, communicate, and collaborate.
- Deliver seamless experiences and best-in-class solutions. Customer-centric and trusted partner; proactively supporting our clients and advocating for their needs.
- Embrace change and strive for growth. Able to pivot and stay nimble; we are continuously learning, staying receptive to feedback, and making changes quickly. We evolve where necessary and incorporate best practices
- Extensive experience with test automation and writing test scripts
- Extensive experience in software development
- Experience in Agile Methodology and testing processes
- Experience in Regression Testing and test management tools like Jira
- Experience with TestNG or JUnit and Java.
- Experience with testing front-end functionality
- Experience with DevOps tools like Jenkins and Jenkins Pipelines
- High proficiency in computer technology and programming languages
- Familiarity with Linux Administration, shell scripting and python
- Good understanding of Automation Tools and able to create the test scripts using Selenium Webdriver.
- Good understanding on API testing using POSTMAN
- Good understanding on Database Testing and database like MySQL
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
What We Offer:
- Health (PPO) dental & vision plan – 100% covered for employee
- Long/Short-term disability insurance – 100% covered for employee
- Life and AD&D insurance – 100% covered for employee
- IRA with 3% matching contribution
- 15 days of paid vacation – increases with tenure
- 10 paid federal holidays
- 12 weeks for parental leave
The position is 100% remote.
fusionSpan is a fast-paced, high-energy global firm with a highly motivated team. This role will experience high work demands under tight timelines requiring a flexible and adaptable approach to daily priorities. We are open to qualified candidates worldwide even though our job opportunities are posted for a specific region.
Check out our Great Place to Work Certified Badge here.
Culture of Caring
We aim to foster a culture of caring. Caring for our clients but also each other. As a company we focus on working on interesting technologies and helping our non-profit clients provide the best experience for their members. But we also want to make sure that our team experiences personal growth in their careers.
fusionSpan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.